Being a dedicated gardener, praises for my lawn always makes my day. As my emotion connects to it, I always aimed to make my yard top-notch. But it wasn’t easy-breezy. It was so heartbreaking to see my lawn being patchy, brownish, bearing bare spots on it due to the attack of invaders.
Among so many choices on google and suggestion from neighbors, it was really tough to choose one that provides guaranteed care to my lawn. Then I come to know about the best weed and feed for Bermuda grass, and it was the best clarification I have ever found. I got the cure to my lawn and key to my happiness.
Furthermore, the solution is not only the enemy of those annoying invaders but also the compeer of your lawn, helping it to grow in a healthy manner. Let’s look at the list of those magical solutions that will bring life to your yard as well.
Top 5 Weed and Feed For Bermuda Grass Review
1. Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action – Best Weed Killer For Bermuda Grass
- For Northern lawns
- Innovative triple action
- Kills seen and unseen weeds
- Clear out dandelion, chickweed, common broadleaf weeds & clover as well
- A solution to your undying crabgrass
This product is for use in spring and a solution to northern lawn problems. Along with preventing crabgrass for four months, it also prevents barnyard grass, foxtail, broadleaf weeds, fall panicum, annual bluegrass, corn speedwell, purslane, chickweed, henbit, knotweed, prostrate spurge & oxalis. Those lawn pests can be prevented for up to six months.
For killing weeds, crabgrass, and feeding for greens lawns, it is called a three-in-one invention.
How much a bag can covers that depends on the size of the lawn. Just for an idea, I can say it gives a coverage of 10,000 sq. Ft. You have to apply it when the grass is wet, and the dandelions are actively growing. You need to use it in the daytime when the temperature is between 60 & 80 degrees.
Use it twice in a year and not more than this. Do not apply at the time of the winter dormancy period. This product is not for the recently seeded lawn. You can use on that freshly seeded or sodded lawn after the fourth mowing.
- Kills crabgrass
- Thick green lawns
- Season-long weed control
- Easy to use
- The application of excess fertilizer causes the growth of grass, having very dull blades
- A little bit expensive
- Not for all types of grass
2. Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer
- Kills dandelions, clover
- Kill other significant weeds of a lawn
- Fertilizer within 24 hours
This one nurtures your yard with nitrogen along with supervising weeds.
Among all the top weed and feed for Bermuda grass, this one is the easiest to use. The way of its’ use is like- connect-spray-finish. Well, there is some precaution in between them.
What you have to maintain is to spray it evenly on your lawn from the furthest point. It gives coverage of 6,000 sq. Ft. It also feeds your lawn with ultimate care. I have tried it on onion grass, and it works.
Along with dandelions and clover, it kills buckhorn, chickweed, pigweed, henbit, knotweed, ground ivy, oxalis, plantain, poison ivy, spurge & ragweed. Spray simply by attaching hose when the weeds are growing actively.
Now, if you ask me how often to use it then, I will say my neighbor uses it every 45-60 days as she has lots of dandelions and weeds in her yards. It will be more accurate for you if you check the instructions provided on it. You shouldn’t allow anyone until the spray has dried.
- Easy to hold & use
- Bunch of nitrogen nutrient
- Kills dandelions
- Not for ST. Augustine grass, Buffalo grass, Dichondra & desirable clovers
3. Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action – Editor’s Choice
- For Southern lawns solution
- Unique triple in one formulation
- Kill weeds
- Kill worms, fleas, ants & bugs
- Thick green lawns
It works for the southern lawns like- St. Augustine, Carpet grass, Centipede, Zoysia grass, and fertilizes to give you a lush greenish garden.
This one bag does three jobs. It kills, prevents & feeds. It kills weeds along with dollar weed, oxalis, henbit, chickweed, clover & plantain. It ensures you a total safety from ants, armyworms, mole crickets, sod webworm, chinch bugs & fleas for up to six months.
You have to spread it on dry grass after you finish the third mowing of the season. After that, immediately spread the water. All other spreading processes are written on it. How much you need to apply depends on the lawn size.
Well, it is so amazing that I only fertilized once & it lasted all seasons. Fertilizer once or twice a year is enough for a significant result.
- Provides you with a guaranteed satisfaction
- Strengthen the lawn against stresses like heat & drought
- Provides deep root
- Do not apply the fertilizer if it is about to rain within the next twenty-four hours. As there is a possibility to wash out the compost
4. Espoma Organic Weed Preventer
- The raw product is corn gluten meal
- Provides nitrogen
- A thicker and greener lawn
Designed for early spring and fall. It ensures you a greenish and deep-rooted lawn by hindering the development of root in seedlings.
With a process of 8.23 % slow release of nitrogen, it ensures the intake of nitrogen of lawn for a long-lasting time. It covers a land of 1,250 sq. Ft. ensuring a thicker and greener grass.
It stops the crabgrass from germinating. But if you already have crabgrass on your lawn, then you might check for other formulae because this one is not going to kill your crabgrass.
The most satisfactory part is I don’t have to be worried about my pets, or family members might enter the treating area. It allows you to play safely after application.
Apply twice a year for an eye-catchy result.
- Easy application
- Children and pets are allowed to play safely on the lawn after application
- The slow release of nitrogen
- Doesn’t kill already born crabgrass
5. Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed Fertilizer – Budget Pick
- Most powerful one
- Thickens lawn
- WeedGrip Technology
- Clearing dandelion & clover
It is a newly formulated product with the guaranty of two times more powerful control than the previous one over the invaders. It thickens your lawn by crowding out those unwanted weeds. Even it kills the weeds before growing above the ground.
It is formulated for spring season. With the process of killing out about 50 types of local weed, it does the work of filling your lawn with all nutrients needed for deeper roots. It allows the grasses to grow densely so that the weeds don’t find any room to thrive.
Does the word “Weedgrip Technology” sounds unfamiliar? Well, it’s ok. The process provides you safety from not only the visible weeds but also the hidden ones.
It covers approximately six weeks after the application. Because of the slow-releasing nature of the fertilizer, your garden will intake nutrients in a small dose, but that will be steady for a good time.
It is a dry lawn fertilizer and gives its’ best output in an established lawn. So, you might want to look for something else if your garden is just starting to spring up. After doing a DIY on my lawn, from my perspective, it’s the best product indeed!
- One package covers an area of up to 15,000 sq. Ft. That is, a vast coverage
- Hassle-free use
- More powerful
- Guaranteed satisfaction
- Control of unseen weeds
- This product works on limited types of grass. But you are lucky enough that among those scarce grass, Bermuda is one
- Doesn’t kill crap grass
- Not for Augustine grass, dichondra, carpet grass, etc
Some Considering Aspect before Buying Bermuda Grass Weed and Feed
While searching for a weed killer for Bermuda grass, some essential provisions may help you pick the best. You should measure some matters before you order the product. Here is a brief idea of buying guide for choosing the right weed killer:
- The coverage you want: Diluted weed killers cannot cover a larger area. But concentrated one works better. You can dilute the concentrated product in water and cover any area. Our suggestion is not to look for the quantity; instead, check the concentration.
- Made for weed killing: Do not fall for any item that harms the Bermuda grass. Select the product after knowing it well. There may be indications on the product label or manual.
- Grass compatibility: Pick the weed and feed that can work at any temperature or area. Also, check if they are compatible with both Northern and Southern lawns.
- Impact on the soil: As weed killers contain chemical ingredients, there is a huge chance of soil pollution. They may increase the toxicity level of soil and make it infertile. In this case, check out the unit if there is any harmful chemical causing soil infertility.
- Brand people trust: Many people are prone to pick the low-quality weed and feed to save money. But it is not a satisfying idea for proper Bermuda grass growth and weed elimination. So, choose from reputable brands and have the taste of excellence.
- Money-saving: Search for a budget-friendly Bermuda weed killer that may fulfill your interests. Of course, there are a couple of brands offering low-price but high-quality products.
- Quantity of nitrogen: When you want to feed the grass, feed something that has sufficient nitrogen. It helps to get lush foliage and a healthy lawn. But be careful not to choose the weed and feed with excessively high or low quantity nitrogen. Again, potassium and phosphorus alongside nitrogen may provide the best result.
Q: What is the most suitable time for using post-emergent weed and feed?
A: When you see the turf revives well after the winter, apply the post-emergent weed killer. If you apply too early or in the driest season, it can damage the Bermuda grass.
Q: When shouldn’t you use weed killer for Bermuda grass?
A: You should not use post-emergent weed killers during early spring and the greening up stage, when drought stress signs are visible, and temperatures exceed 90 degrees.
Q: What are the differences between herbicide and weed killer?
A: Many people get confusions by thinking both as the same thing. But herbicide and weed killer are different. Herbicide is a plant-killing substance. On the other hand, weed killer contains chemical ingredients that destroy the reproduction of unnecessary plants like weeds.
Q: What are the differences between liquid and granular weed and feed?
A: Liquid weed killers are liquid fertilizer and herbicide combinations. You can spray it with a sprayer to the affected area. It can reach the root of the plant or weeds. Alternatively, granular weed killers are tiny pellets with coatings of weed-killing herbicides. You can use a spreader to apply the granular weed killers. Also, there is a small complication of traveling to roots. The result is a bit compromising here.
Q: How can you apply weed and feed to Bermuda grass?
A: If you want to cover a large area, pick the liquid weed and feed. Then, easily apply with a sprayer. Granular items are applicable with a handheld spreader. Do not mow the yard till you use the weed killer.
At the bottom, I hope this guide about the Top-rated weed and feed for Bermuda grass has helped you. Now, you can answer on your own to the question of what is the best weed and feed for Bermuda grass. You are ready to form your lawn that chokes EVERYTHING else!
If you do research, you can see that the third product that is, Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action has a reasonable rate than the others. But each of them has a different place of their importance.
From our verdict, Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed Fertilizer are the best one providing two times more powerful results. The second one we prefer is Scotts Turf Builder Weed and Feed Fertilizer. It seems to be the most used and rated one. And the third one we suggest is Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer. It is the easiest one and fun to use for a lazy person like me.
- Top 5 Weed and Feed For Bermuda Grass Review
- Some Considering Aspect before Buying Bermuda Grass Weed and Feed
- Q: What is the most suitable time for using post-emergent weed and feed?
- Q: When shouldn’t you use weed killer for Bermuda grass?
- Q: What are the differences between herbicide and weed killer?
- Q: What are the differences between liquid and granular weed and feed?
- Q: How can you apply weed and feed to Bermuda grass?
- Final Thought